Below you will find several commonly asked questions in regards to e*teller. If you do not see an answer to your questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 925-771-5600 or 1-800-375-6077.
Q. Can I view my statements on-line?
A. Yes, through e*teller.
Q. How secure are my e*statements?
A. The first day of the following month you will receive an e-mail that notifies you that you may view your last month’s statement through e*teller. Your information is not sent in the email so it is very secure.
Q. How do I view my statement?
A. Sign in to e*teller. Click on e*statement on the left hand side of the page. Select the month that you would like to view. Select either to view the statement on the screen or download a .pdf file for your records. You can print your statement if you are viewing it on the screen.
Q. How do I sign up to receive e*statements?
A. Sign on to e*teller. Select e*statement from the left hand side of the screen choices. Select Change Statement Set up on the right. Point on the pull down menu and select “email statement” and enter the email address where you would like to receive the notice that your statement is available.
Q. How do I sign up for e*teller?
A. Give us a call at 925-771-5600.We will set your account up and give you a temporary password. Once you have the temporary password, you can sign in and set up your own password.
Q. Why do I have to answer security questions in order to log into my account?
A. Due to regulation changes made by the FFIEC (Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council) for online access through any financial institution additional security steps were put into place to comply with the new regulations. These changes make an additional layer of security for both you and DVFCU. Click here for details.
Q. How do I get into my account? I’ve already answered the security questions, but it’s not allow me access.
A. Give us a call at 925-771-5600 or 1-800-375-6077.
Q. Why can’t I see my account after I enter my account number and password?
A. Now you are required to click on LOGIN in order to enter your account information. If you just click enter after you enter your password, you will not be able to get into your account. Click LOGIN.
Q. I signed into my account once, but now I can’t log in. The system system says “Invalid Password” and I haven’t changed my password. Why can’t I log in?
A. The new system requires that your password be between 6 and 20 characters. You must have at least four alpha and two numeric characters. If your old password does not have two numeric characters, it will no longer be valid. Please call us at 925-771-5600 or 1-800-375-6077 so that we can reset your password.
Q. How do I transfer between two different accounts?
A. In order to protect your account if you are transferring between accounts you will need to set up a unique password just for cross account transfers. This password is different than what you have been using in the past.
Account Transferring TO – You need to set up a unique password to allow cross account transfers to take place.
1. Sign on to the account being transferred to.
2. Click on Member Options.
3. Select Cross Account Password.
4. You will see Existing Password. Enter ****. Under New Password, enter at least a 6 digit/character password. It must be a combination of digits and letters two of which need to be digits. Repeat your new password. Click OK.
5. Once this is set up, you may give this password to the individual that will be transferring funds INTO your account.
Account Transferring FROM – You need to KNOW the account number and the unique cross account transfer password on the account that you are transferring TO.
1. Sign on to the account you are transferring FROM.
2. Click on Cross Account Transfer or Cross Account Loan Payment.
3. Enter account number and cross account password that you are transferring TO.
4. Select suffix, enter dollar amount and click on Transfer.
Q. Why can’t I see my full account history without scrolling right to left?
A. Check your screen set up. To do this go to your desktop and right click with your mouse. It should bring up a gray box and one of the items listed should be Properties. Click on Properties. There should be several tabs across the top. Select Settings. Your screen should be set to at least 1024 x 768.
Q: I received an email notice for e*statement and I cannot read it. Why?
A. Your email must read HTML. If it does not and you get a blank screen , go ahead and sign on to e*teller as you normally would. Look at the menu choices on the left side of the screen. Select e*Statements. It should pop up with the most current statement available. Click on “Get Statement”. You can then click on “Get Statement”. This will bring your statement up in a pdf format which you can print. You must have Adobe Reader to read your statement as a pdf file.
Q. Can I view drafts in ascending or descending order?
A. Yes, you can select the order that you view your drafts.
1. To do this select History from the menu on the left side of the screen.
2. Under Account Selection where it shows All Shares, click on the right side which will pull down a menu of your share accounts. Select Share Draft.
3. Toward the middle of the screen you should see Draft Selection as a heading. Click to Search by Draft #. Enter your beginning check and ending check number.
4. On the right side of the screen you will see Output Format . You can leave as View on Screen.
5. Under List By select Ascending or Descending.
6. Click on Get History which is under Draft Selection.
7. It should bring up the checks that you have requested in the order that you requested.
Q. Can I see and print copies of my checks through e*Teller?
A. Yes, you should be able to view or print any check which has cleared your account since 11/22/04. At this time older checks would need to be ordered by contacting Diablo Valley Federal Credit Union. To view and print the item, click on Share Draft and look at your history. Click on the check number and an image should appear. You do need Adobe Reader in order to view and print the time. You can also view checks under history. Check with your system administrator if you are on a work computer.
Q. Are there limits on how much I can transfer using e*Teller?
A. Yes, the minimum amount is $10. The maximum is $10,000.
Q. Can I view my tax information online?
A. Yes, sign on to e*teller and click on “Tax Info”. This will show you the current year and previous year dividend and interest information.
If you have other questions, please direct them to email@example.com