COVID-19 Financial Relief Resources
To our Valued Members:
As we are all aware, the economic impact from the Shelter In Place and other social disruptions will have a tremendous impact on our economy. Many of our members may experience some level of financial difficulty. It is important that you know that we will work with you to get through these difficult times.
Here are some of the things that will be available to you:
- Emergency Loans for members affected by the shutdown:
- $1,000 at 2.99%
- Could consider more if needed for rent payments (Government assistance forthcoming)
- First payment deferred up to 90 days if requested
- Interest accrues from day 1
- Must show proof that hardship is caused by shutdown (temporary job/income loss)
- We will send loan docs by mail or FedEx to avoid a trip to the office
- Loan Deferments:
- Deferment of loan payment if needed (you must request it, it is not automatic)
- Deferments granted one month at a time (could be extended as conditions warrant)
- It will not reflect on your credit rating
- Interest continues to accrue
- During this time we ask that you limit your visits to the credit union
- Please use our e-Teller system, night drop, ATM, Co-Op ATM’s, Telephone Teller and Sprig as much as possible
- We are temporarily suspending the $2 Visa phone payment fee
- View Visa balances and make payments on ezcardinfo.com
- We will work with you on releasing holds on deposits placed in ATM’s and Sprig, our mobile deposit capture smartphone app
- After hours our main phone line patches through to a 24/7 call center. They can look up balances and recent transactions, and make transfers.
The key thing is to communicate with us if you need to skip your loan payment or need an emergency loan. Simply not making the payment is not the way to let us know you need help.
Watch for updated information and announcements on our website, www.diablovalleyfcu.org. We are all in this together, and together we’ll help each other get through this trying time. Please call us if you need assistance.
Chief Executive Officer
Diablo Valley Federal Credit Union